Monday, July 14, 2014

My Last transfer




"Hermana Woodbury se va a Cauquenes, y su compañera va a ser Hna Vieda!!!" Yep that´s right! That´s what they told me this morning! I am off to Cauquenes for the end of my mission! Woo hoo! I am super excited! My whole mission I have wanted to serve in an area with lots of "campo" (out in the country in the middle of nowhere) and it is finally happening!!! I am not quite sure where my companion is from but I´ll keep you posted on that one!
Alright, I bet you are all on the edge of your seats just waiting to know what is happening with Carlos and Berta right now so I´ll tell you. We got a call from Carlos saying that he is going to be out of town for two weeks working, but that he brought his Book of Mormon with him (good boy!). Then he said, "Hermanas I´m really not doing so good. I just found out that my good friend got murdered. I don´t think I will even be able to go back for the funeral because of work." Whoa. Not anything we were expecting to hear! Basically we have been calling him and Berta almost every night to see how they are and give them scriptures to read. We were also able to visit Bertha, but they were both out of town on the weekend, but hopefully this next week they will be back for church. They are so good! They are so prepared! Keep praying!

Okay so there is this cute old lady named Maria that is super catholic that we are teaching that was a reference from one of the members. On Saturday we were teaching her and she had made the decision to go to church to help her find an answer if she should be baptized. So in her prayer at the end she said something along these lines, "Father, I am going to the mormon church tomorrow to know if that´s the right church because I´m practically already mormon." YEAH!!! It is a good thing we all had our eyes closed because I´m pretty sure my jaw probably dropped wide open! If anyone was peaking they would have gotten a real kick out of that! 

I just love seeing all the little miracles God puts in our path all the time! It´s so great! Love you guys!

Loveth, Hermana Woodbury

p.s. lagartija means lizard

No comments:

Post a Comment