HEY HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! I was actually a bit disappointed that There wouldn´t be any sort of festivities here in Chile but don´t even worry because we were invited by Hermana Arrington to cook some fun Thanksgiving food at her house today! So, I celebrated a bit early but I DID have a Thanksgiving! Every time I go The President´s house it just reminds me of being in the US again because its just so nice! It really made me realize that I have a LOT to be grateful for!
I am thankful for:
- Garbage can lids that prevent cats from ripping through your garbage and getting it everywhere.
- The pilgrims and Indians for sharing their dinner and creating such a great tradition
- Rain ponchos
- Name tags so I never forget my companions name
- Feeling like you are a servant in the Lord´s hands
- Refrigerated milk and eggs
- Sticky notes
- The Future Chile Concepcion Temple
- Home made rolls
- Normal teeth
- Sweet looking mission shoes
- My mom for letting me cut the fat off my meat
- The pound for getting rid of rabid stray dogs
- The Book of Mormon
- Black Friday!
- Saltines that have salt, and salads that don´t
- Planners.... Maybe I´ll use one when I get home? ;)
- Chalk Art (PS. Have you seen the video of the missionaries in NYC doing a giant chalk art of the plan of salvation in Union Square? look it up if not)
- Kitchens with counter space
- My dad for rubbing my shoulders when I´m sore (rain check?)
- The Chilean remedy for everything- Lemon and salt.
- Priesthood blessings
- Hermana Arrington for inviting her to her house today to make mini thanksgiving
- The ability to make turkey napkins!
- The letters you write me and love that you send
- Cold pure water
Hope everyone eats lots of good food! Save me some pumpkin pie! :D
Love you guys!
Love, Hermana Woodbury