Monday, May 20, 2013

I SURVIVED a transfer!

Holy Canoli! It seems like the weeks just fly by! I swear I was just barely writing you guys an email..... Well I survived a transfer! No change! Same area, same companion! I am SO HAPPY about it! Alright now some of you might be wondering about what is going to happen to my mission since they are creating a new mission in Chile, therefore I am going to tell you about it! So when the mission boundaries change, the northern part of the mission (Curico and Talca) are going to become part of the Chile Rancagua Mission. Right now I am in Talca which means my mission could change, BUT I still don´t know whether or not it is going to! We thought that wherever we were after this transfer would determine who stays and who goes, but apparently there is ONE MORE TRANSFER in four weeks before we know! So if I´m still in the northern half of the mission after this next transfer (which is very likely) my mission will no longer be Chile Concepción.... I just have mixed feelings about this. But hey! Wherever I end up is where the Lord needs me right?!

The work has been a little ruff lately because we have had to say goodbye to a lot of investigators who weren´t putting in their part so that we can find new people who WANT to act. But do not despair we are finding some new great people! We are also putting in a lot of effort in strengthening the ward to get them more excited about missionary work. Also here in Chile they are putting a strong effort in finding the inactive members. there are a lot of people here who got baptized and thought that was the end of the road and never came back to church. We have been given a list of names (with addresses) to find and invite back to church. The problem is a lot of people have moved or the address is incorrect, but we´ve been promised that whether we find those members or not we will be able to find people to teach by going to these houses. YEAH!

It´s starting to get pretty cold here... That means it´s almost Christmas right? A lot of people heat their houses with little fireplaces so when we are outside (which is most of the time) there is a ton of smoke from the chimneys! I´m pretty sure that my clothes are eventually going to permanently smell like smoke... If I smell like smoke when I come home I promise I havn´t picked up any bad habits!

They think that cough drops are candy here... I got asked if I wanted a candy and they gave my a cough drop... This has happened more than once. The first time I actually had a sore throat so it was pretty great!

Well that´s all I have to say right now! Hope all is well! Hope you have a great summer water skiing, swimming, hiking, and doing all those fun things you do when it´s warm!

Love Hermana Woodbury

No comments:

Post a Comment