Monday, June 10, 2013

SNOW TRIP

Well, it seems like just about everyone who emailed me mentioned Megan´s farewell so I´m going to as well! AHHH MEGAN SO MUCH LUCK TO YOU IN SPAIN!!!!!!

We were really blessed this week! We had a family come to church on Sunday and the mother and daughter have committed to baptism! We´re just super duper excited about them and are doing all we can to help them be converted to the amazing gospel! Thank you so much for your prayers. They REALLY do help. Sometimes things just happen that I know really couldn´t happen with out the help and guidance of the spirit. This family seriously just fell into our hands. Now that they´ve come to church, we are just really doing all we can so that they will come BACK. The culture here in Chile is that you don´t have to really go to church to be part of a religion so after the first time someone goes to church they think that´s enough to know what our church is like. Just pray for them SO MUCH!

Today we had a zone activity to go and see snow. Most exciting thing of my life! Pretty much all of the Latino missionaries have never seen snow in real life so it was actually a pretty big deal. So we got up at five in the morning and took a bus to a mountain south of us where there was supposed to be snow. Then the road was blocked with a fence.... But was that going to stop us from seeing snow? No way! So we hiked and hiked and hiked up the mountain but when we got to the cut off point of the trail there was still no snow. We did however get pretty close to the mountain to see the snow on it but it was at the tippy top... Chuta. I felt way bad because everyone just wanted to touch the snow SOO BAD! But they still thought it was cool to get so close. So then we hiked down to a river and took pictures. Pretty great right? The way the mountain looked actually reminded me a lot of Utah. 

I just want you to know that I ate the organs of a chicken. That´s all I really have to say about that. Best of wishes to you from me and thank you for all the love and support! Choa choa!

Sincerely, Hermana Woodbury

ps. puente means bridge... I think

No comments:

Post a Comment