Monday, August 19, 2013

Postal Service ON STRIKE

Oh. My. HECK! I am just so obsessed with Yanet and Sergio! They are really like the best people I´ve ever met. They told us this week that they want to get married before September 18th. They were like "Yeah, we were thinking maybe we could get married on a Saturday at the church and then just get baptised the same day!" Well... AWESOME!!! AND that´s before the next transfer so both me and Hna Gonzalez would be there! The only thing is that they might have to fill out some sort of papers because they have an under age son, and it normally takes a couple months to do the whole process with that. But it doesn´t really make sense that they would have to do that because the son is from THEIR marriage. The bishop knows a lawyer who knows about stuff like that and is going to talk to him to see if they have to do it or not. Just pray so much for them! They seriously have so much faith and they want to be members of the church SO BAD!!

We have some other great investigators too... But nothing way too exciting that I need to tell. Something way great that happens sometimes is that people will just yell out whatever phrases they know in English when I walk by.. My favorite this week was a guy who kept yelling, "My name is! My name is!" I just wanted to yell back at him and say, "Your name is what?! PLEASE tell me your name already!" But he probably wouldn´t have understood, so I just laughed inside my head like I always do. :)

Also, it might be of interest for you guys to know that the postal service is on strike here so we don't get any letters as of right now... Yep. That´s all! I just love you guys SO MUCH! and I just LOVE it here! It is such a blessing that I get to be here serving the Lord. Something that we usually share with people the first time we teach them is about the atonement. It is really the center of our religion, and I am so grateful that I know what it really means for us. He knows us perfectly inside and out, because he went through it all. He didn´t only suffer for our sins, but he suffered our pains and our afflictions. (Alma 7:11-12) I just wish everyone could know what we know! 

Well... Chao!

Con muchísimo amor, Hermana Woodbury

p.s nublado means cloudy 

No comments:

Post a Comment