Monday, September 16, 2013

September 2nd

Hey there! Let me just tell you guys what´s going on lately! First off, Magdalena is getting baptized! I think I forgot to tell you about her... She´s another grandma. Apparently we´re real good at finding grandma´s to teach! We´ve been teaching her for probably a couple months because she doesn´t really absorb much when you teach her, which means we just have to teach little simple things every time. We almost let her go... We had been teaching her for three weeks and she would never commit to go to church. We went to her house with the mind set that it was our last visit with her, and then when we committed her to church she said she wanted to go! WHA??! Then she just kept coming! And all of the sudden she can get baptized! We´ll see if it ends up happening this week or next, we have to see if she´s ready. :D

Janeth and Sergio are still just SUPER awesome. Just so golden like! They always read what we give them in the scriptures, and then when we check up on it, they ask us questions about what they don´t understand! They just want to know everything they possibly can and I just love it so much! 

Hey remember how I teach seminary? Yeah me too. I just want to apologize to my seminary teachers for all the times I was talking in class... Sometimes when I´m teaching I seriously feel like I´m talking to myself. I have honestly been wondering if they even get anything out of it. Then this week all five of them got up to bear their testimonies during sacrament meeting, and I thought "Hey maybe I am doing something." It was seriously amazing to see all of them get up there. 

This week we were teaching an inactive member, and I thought it was going pretty well, until at the end of it he told me that he wanted to marry me. What?! Who does that? We dropped him.

Well that about wraps it up! I just love being a missionary! I get to see people´s lives change. The gospel really does change lives. It´s crazy to see the changes that people can make in their lives, and how much happier they can be. Janeth and Sergio told us that ever since they have been meeting with us people tell them that they just have a really good feeling in they´re home. 

Love you all! 

Loveth, Merrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment